These rules are designed for CLAS. The league director shall administer the rules as stated, but reserves the right to adjust and/or amend any rules if necessary to accommodate unforeseen problems or circumstances before and during the tournament except as stated. Otherwise the FIFA Laws of the Game shall apply.
Home team wears white...if conflict....visiting team changes
Addendum Rules based on US Soccer most updated changes:
Build Out Line Rules: On a goal kick all players for the opposing team need to be at behind the build out line before the kick is taken. Once the kick is taken the players from the opposing team can play. On a goal keeper save (through the run of play) the players on the opposing team, need to go behind the build out line to allow/permit the goalkeeper to play the ball wide to their teammates or play to himself before the opponent may make play on the ball. As soon as the ball is in play to teammate or self, the opponent is free to engage regardless of where they are. For example, if the GK chooses to restart quickly and the opponent has not made it back to the build out line they need not run all the way back. They may immediately engage the ball due to the quick restart of play.
There is no punting in 7v7 Punting in 9v9 is allowed. A drop kick is also not allowed. It is a punt by another name. Putting the ball on the ground and then kicking is allowed but once on the ground players may come forward from the Build out line.
There is no heading allowed for any player in the 7v7 divisions. If two team are playing in the 9v9 bracket and they are both U-12 teams then they can head although if any U-11 player is in the game his/her coach must not allow him/her to head the ball and the coach assumes all liability in regard to this. Only on pure U12 teams (all players are 11) do all the restrictions disappear and U-11 vs U-11 or U-10 v U-11 there is no heading.
Violations of the heading rule is a Indirect free Kick. in or out of the area. If in the goal area the kick is on the goal area line.
A. Inclement Weather
Only the referee or the league may cancel a match due to weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather the tournament committee has the authority to reschedule
matches and/or cancel the tournament. If the entire tournament should be canceled after play
has begun, teams shall not receive a credit or refund.
1. If inclement weather causes the referee to stop the match at any time and conditions do not permit the restart of the match within the schedule d time, the score will stand, as it was at the time the game was stopped.
2. If a match is delayed from starting due to weather conditions, it will be started as soon as weather permits within the scheduled time frame and will conclude at the scheduled time.
3. If no portion of the match is played, best efforts will be made to reschedule the match though no such guarantee is made. There will be neither refund nor credits for any match cancellations.
B. Credentials Check
1. All teams must register.
2. All teams must be able to present their approved state or US Club Soccer roster with jersey
numbers at registration. All teams must have a copy of the roster for the referees to check at each match.
3. All teams must provide medical release forms for each player they are registering.
4. Roster Limits (above this must get league approval from league director)
U4/5 and U6/7 roster limit is 10
U9-U10 roster limit is 12
U11-12 roster limit is 14
U12 (11v11) & up roster limit is 18
5. Guest players are included in the roster limits and all guest players must present player
passes, travel permits, guest player requests and medical releases to be eligible for
6. All coach/player passes and rosters will be verified prior to the start of the match.
7. No older player should be a guest player of a team in a game vs a like age group team (i.e. a 2010 should not guest play in a 2011 game between two 2011 teams regardles of if that player is otherwise eligible for that format.
1. All player uniforms should be identical.
2. All jerseys shall be tucked in completely prior to start of play.
3. All jerseys shall have a number affixed to the back of the jersey.
4. No two players on the same team should have the same number while on the field of play.
5. Home team wears white...if conflict....visiting team changes
6. Pants or leggings of all field players should match the primary color of the uniform shorts.
7. Goal keepers shall wear a jersey distinctive from all field players, the other goal keeper and
also the game officials.
D. **Length of matches and ball sizes
Age Group Length Ball size
U18,19 Two 40 minute halves 5
U17 Two 40 minute halves 5
U15, 16 Two 40 minute halves 5
U13, 14 Two 35 minute halves 5
U12 Two 25/30 minute halves 4
U11 Two 25/30 minute halves 4
U10 Two 25 minute halves 4
U8,9 Two 25 minute halves 4
U4/5 and U6/7 Four 8 min quarters 3
Note: Halftime shall be one to five minutes for all micro games as needed to stay on schedule....halftime for 11v11 matches will be 5-10 minutes as needed to stay on schedule
**stoppage time is kept by refs as needed
Referees shall start matches on time and check in players.
Unlimited substitutions may be made with the consent of the center referee under the following conditions:
1. After a goal by either team
2. Before a throw-in in your favor
3. Before a goal kick by either team.
4. In the event of an injury by either team, a like number of players may be substituted.
5. No substitutions allowed for a player ejected from the field.
6. In the event a team must substitute when a player who is bleeding or has an open wound, the player may return at the next legal substitution opportunity only after the wound has been
properly treated and checked by the referee or assistant referee.
7. All players substituting shall have their jerseys completely tucked in an d shall report to the
center stripe to await acknowledgment of permission of the Center Referee prior to entering the field of play.
8. No player shall leave the field of play without permission of the Center Referee.
1. Coaches should keep coaching from the sidelines to a minimum. If persistent infractions occur, the referee will warn the offending coach and take appropriate action. Harassment of players on the sidelines will not be tolerated.
2. Coaches, players, and spectators will remain two yards behind the touchline.
3. Team benches shall be on one side of the field and the spectators shall be on the other side of the field.
1.Divisional winners will be determined by the following 10 point system:
a. Win - 6 points
b. TIE - 3 points
c. Loss - 0 points
d. Shutout - 1 point (in victory only) forfeit recorded as 2 0
e. 1 point per goal up to a maximum of 3 goals or points per match
1. Head to head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Goal Differential (up to max of 3 goals per game)
3. Least goals allowed of all matched played
4. Most goals scored (maximum of 3 goals per match)
5. Most shutouts
6. If still tied - Penalty kicks between the two teams.
No Protests allowed additionally all game requests must be direct to the league not team to team