These rules are designed for CLAS. The league director shall administer the rules as stated, but reserves the right to adjust and/or amend any rules if necessary to accommodate unforeseen problems or circumstances before and during the tournament except as stated. Otherwise the FIFA Laws of the Game shall apply.
Home team wears white...if conflict....visiting team changes
A. Inclement Weather
Only the referee or the league may cancel a match due to weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather the tournament committee has the authority to reschedule
matches and/or cancel the tournament. If the entire tournament should be canceled after play
has begun, teams shall not receive a credit or refund.
1. If inclement weather causes the referee to stop the match at any time and conditions do not permit the restart of the match within the schedule d time, the score will stand, as it was at the time the game was stopped.
2. If a match is delayed from starting due to weather conditions, it will be started as soon as weather permits within the scheduled time frame and will conclude at the scheduled time.
3. If no portion of the match is played, best efforts will be made to reschedule the match though no such guarantee is made. There will be neither refund nor credits for any match cancellations.
B. Credentials Check
1. All teams must register.
2. All teams must be able to present their approved state or US Club Soccer roster with jersey
numbers at registration. All teams must have a copy of the roster for the referees to check at each match.
3. All teams must provide medical release forms for each player they are registering.
4. Roster Limits (above this must get league approval from league director)
U4/5 and U6/7 roster limit is 10
U9-U10 roster limit is 12
U11-12 roster limit is 14
U12 (11v11) & up roster limit is 18
5. Guest players are only allowed if a team does not have enough players to play and are also only allowed if they are playing "up" or in cases where a player from a lesser level team is included on a higher level team (i.e. black 2 player on a black 1 team).Players who are higher level should not be used as a guest player as the spirit of CLAS is to balance games for teams and to give the season ending event a good matchup for all. Guest players who are allowed by the event would be included in the roster limits and all guest players must present player passes, travel permits, guest player requests and medical releases to be eligible for
6. All coach/player passes and rosters will be verified prior to the start of the match.
1. All player uniforms should be identical.
2. All jerseys shall be tucked in completely prior to start of play.
3. All jerseys shall have a number affixed to the back of the jersey.
4. No two players on the same team should have the same number while on the field of play.
5. Home team wears white...if conflict....visiting team changes
6. Pants or leggings of all field players should match the primary color of the uniform shorts.
7. Goal keepers shall wear a jersey distinctive from all field players, the other goal keeper and
also the game officials.
D. **Length of matches and ball sizes
Age Group Length Ball size
U18,19 Two 30 minute halves 5
U17 Two 30 minute halves 5
U15, 16 Two 30 minute halves 5
U13, 14 Two 30 minute halves 5
U12 Two 25 minute halves 4
U11 Two 25 minute halves 4
U10 Two 25 minute halves 4
U8,9 Two 25 minute halves 4
U4/5 and U6/7 Two twenty minute halves 3
Note: Halftime shall be five minutes. but may be shortened as necessary in the case of time issues
**stoppage time is kept by refs as needed
Referees shall start matches on time and check in players.
Unlimited substitutions may be made with the consent of the center referee under the following conditions:
1. After a goal by either team
2. Before a throw-in in your favor
3. Before a goal kick by either team.
4. In the event of an injury by either team, a like number of players may be substituted.
5. No substitutions allowed for a player ejected from the field.
6. In the event a team must substitute when a player who is bleeding or has an open wound, the player may return at the next legal substitution opportunity only after the wound has been
properly treated and checked by the referee or assistant referee.
7. All players substituting shall have their jerseys completely tucked in an d shall report to the
center stripe to await acknowledgment of permission of the Center Referee prior to entering the field of play.
8. No player shall leave the field of play without permission of the Center Referee.
1. Coaches should keep coaching from the sidelines to a minimum. If persistent infractions occur, the referee will warn the offending coach and take appropriate action. Harassment of players on the sidelines will not be tolerated.
2. Coaches, players, and spectators will remain two yards behind the touchline.
3. Team benches shall be on one side of the field and the spectators shall be on the other side of the field.
1.Divisional winners will be determined by the following 10 point system:
a. Win - 6 points
b. TIE - 3 points
c. Loss - 0 points
d. Shutout - 1 point (in victory only)
e. 1 point per goal up to a maximum of 3 goals or points per match
J. Tiebreakers (if more than two teams are tied head to head is dropped)
1. Head to head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Goal Differential (up to max of 5 goals per game)
3. Least goals allowed of all matched played
4. Most goals scored (maximum of 5 goals per match)
5. Most shutouts
6. If still tied - Penalty kicks between the two teams.
No Protests allowed