- These rules are designed for the Southeast College Showcase Boys and Girls. The Tournament Committee shall administer the rules as stated, but reserves the right to adjust and/or amend any rules if necessary to accommodate unforeseen problems or circumstances before and during the tournament except as stated. Otherwise the FIFA Laws of the Game shall apply.
A. Inclement Weather
Only the referee or the tournament committee may cancel a match due to weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather the tournament committee has the authority to reschedule matches and/or cancel the tournament. If the entire tournament should be canceled after play has begun, teams shall not receive a credit or refund.
1. If inclement weather causes the referee to stop the match at any time and conditions do not permit the restart of the match within the scheduled time, the will score will stand, as it was at the time the game was stopped.
2. If a match is delayed from starting due to weather conditions, it will be started as soon as weather permits within the scheduled time frame and will conclude at the scheduled time.
3. If no portion of the match is played, best efforts will be made to reschedule the match though no such guarantee is made. There will be neither refund nor credits for any match cancellations.
4. If no portion of the tournament is played due to inclement weather and there is no possibility of any matches being played, the tournament committee shall determine partial refunds to teams after all administrative costs have been covered.
B. Credentials Check
1. All teams must register.
2. All teams must present 4 copies of their approved state or US Club Soccer roster with jersey
numbers at registration.
3. All teams must provide medical release forms for each player they are registering.
4. No Player may register with two teams within the same age group, regardless of division.
5. All teams must present players cards for all players they are registering. Exceptions must be requested from the tournament director who will have final approval on a player’s status and my check with appropriate state offices to verify a player’s eligibility.
6. All out of state teams must present an official travel permit from their state office.
7. Roster Limits
a.U15 & Up roster limit is 20 but only 18 can dress for each game.
8. A max of 5 guest players are allowed. Guest players are included in the roster limits and all guest players must present player
passes, travel permits, guest player requests and medical releases to be eligible for
1. All player uniforms should be identical.
2. All jerseys shall be tucked in completely prior to start of play.
3. All jerseys shall have a number affixed to the back of the jersey.
4. No two players on the same team should have the same number while on the field of play.
5. The home team shall wear a light colored jersey and the visiting team shall wear a dark
6. Goal keepers shall wear a jersey distinctive from all field players, the other goal keeper and
also the game officials.
D. **Length of matches and ball sizes
Age Group Length Ball size
U15-19 Two 35 minute halves 5
Note: Halftime shall be 5 minutes.
**In order to keep the tournament moving on schedule and games played on time, we ask that referees not use stoppage time unless a medical emergency has been declared and a player must be moved from the field of play by Emergency Medical Services personnel. Referees shall start matches on time and may check in players in the absence of a field marshal.
E. Starting Times
1. In order to keep this tournament moving on time, there shall be no coin toss except in semifinal or final game.
2. The home team shall take the bench to the left of the field as viewed from the spectator side of the field and shall defend the goal on that side of the field.
3. The home team shall provide the center referee with at least one approved match ball.
4. The visiting team shall have the opening kick.
5. In the event a game is delayed due to a team using the grace period mentioned below, the
center referee may start at the starting time and end the match at the scheduled ending time.
Any team that is unable to field enough players to constitute a team (a minimum of seven(7 )
players shall constitute a team) shall be allowed a ten (10) grace period after the scheduled
starting time of the match to field a team. Match time shall start at the scheduled time and
continue to run until the grace period has ended. If they are unable to field a team at that time, the result shall be a 5-0 forfeit to the opposing team.
1. Failure to begin a match within 10 minutes of the scheduled starting time shall result in a
forfeit to the opposing team by the score of three to zero.
2. Failure to complete a match by leaving the field of competition shall result in a three to zero
forfeit to the opposing team without regard to the actual match score.
3. A team which forfeits a match will no be allowed to advance into the finals nor will that team be eligible for a championship round match. If a team forfeits a match in a bracket based on points, that team shall not be eligible for a champion ship or finalist trophy.
4. If a team must withdraw from competition, they shall notify the tournament director in writing of this intent and will not be eligible for any refund or awards for games played to that point.
5. If two teams mutually agree to withdraw and not play a final match, the tournament director shall be notified by both coaches and team managers of this intent. The Championship and Finalists awards may be based on the two teams’ total points at the end of preliminary play.
G. Substitutions (Showcase Rules)
Unlimited substitutions may be made with the consent of the center referee under the following conditions:
1. After a goal by either team.
2. Before a throw-in by either team.
3. Before a goal kick by either team.
4. In the event of an injury by either team, a like number of players may be substituted.
5. No substitutions allowed for a player ejected from the field.
6. In the event a team must substitute when a player who is bleeding or has an open wound, the player may return at the next legal substitution opportunity only after the wound has been
properly treated and checked by the referee or assistant referee.
7. All players substituting shall have their jerseys completely tucked in an d shall report to the
center stripe to await acknowledgment of permission of the Center Referee prior to entering the field of play.
8. No player shall leave the field of play without permission of the Center Referee.
H. Game Reports
1. All completed game reports shall be signed by the referee and the coach or his/her designee
at the conclusion of each match and given to the field marshal. The player cards shall be
returned at this time to the coach or manager at the conclusion of each match.
2. The match score shall be verified by the field marshal with the coaches and returned to the scorer’s table.
a. If a match score is incorrect and all parties have signed the match report, both coaches and
managers must be contacted and agree that the score was incorrect before a score may be
3. The referee shall request the player card(s) for any player cautioned or ejected and shall file
the proper TSSA report before leaving the complex. All game reports shall be given to the referee assignor and copies given to the tournament director and director of field marshals.
a. Player passes for cautioned players must be returned to the team immediately upon
completion of the referee report.
4. An ejected player’s player card may be retained by the field marshal for the team’s next game and returned to the coach or manager of the team at the of that match.
5. If a players is ejected during the last match their team plays in the tournament, the p layer
card shall be pulled so the referee may complete the game report and shall be returned to the
team at the end of the tournament, no later than one hour after the conclusion of the last match of the tournament or one hour after the referee’s last match of the tournament. All player cards shall be returned to the teams at the conclusion of tournament play.
1. Coaches should keep coaching from the sidelines to a minimum. If persistent infractions occur, the referee will warn the offending coach and take appropriate action. Harassment of players on the sidelines will not be tolerated.
2. Coaches, players, and spectators will remain two yards behind the touchline.
3. Team benches shall be on one side of the field and the spectators shall be on the other side of the field.
Because colleges are limited to the number of evaluations a coach can make, we will declare a tournament winner through points earned after three games. There will be scoring of games since this is a showcase tournament; however the main purpose is showing the players to college coaches. Each team will play 3 games and the point system will work like this:
1.Divisional winners will be determined by the following point system:
a. Win - 3 points
b. Tie - 1 points
Loss - 0 points
- In the event that teams are tied on the basis of points, the following tiebreakers will be considered in order until the tie is broken:
a) Winner of head-to-head competition. (This criterion is not used if more than two teams
b) Most wins.
c) Team with greatest net goal difference (NGD), which is computed as ‘goals for’ minus ‘goals against’ with a maximum of 4 NGD in each game.
d) Team with least goals against (there is NO limit on the number of goals that will be
counted to determine this tiebreaker).
e) Team with the most goals (maximum of 4 goals in each game).
f) Kicks from penalty spot per FIFA Laws of the Game.
Championship awards will be given for first and second place.
G. Concussion Policy
Any player suspected of having a concussion will not be permited to play from that point on without a Doctor's Release.
No Protests allowed